Saturday

SS12 Lust List : Item 1


VERSUS by Christopher Kane SS12

VERSUS by Christopher Kane SS12

NEW BLOG FEATURE!

I am going to compile a fantasy lust list for this season with every piece that I just can not get enough of, and this dress is a great place to start because I am, quite frankly, in love.

If you could bottle Christopher Kane's immense talent, the fashion world would be an even better place. His work at his own label this season was inspired, and his collection for Versace Versus was one of his best yet (after last season, which was a bit of a let down for me!)

This dress is my favourite piece from the Versus collection. It is part sport-luxe, part ballerina and I adore it. The skirt is inspired by cheerleaders, and the splits and pleats give it such fantastic movement and keep it youthful. The cut is superb and very flattering on a boyish shape (like my own- Andrej Pejic is perhaps bustier than me) in that it cinches at the waist and kicks out, creating curves where there are none!

I love the cut-out detail which stops the candy pink chiffon becoming too saccharine sweet, and the overall effect is very modern and sexy.

It is so on-trend, but still is a little bit timeless and unique. The candyfloss pink shade fits with the trend for pastels (again?! well it is Spring...) and the varsity look is also hot this season (led by Mr. Kane, natch).

What new season pieces have got you all in a daydream? Let me know!

All comments are welcome, and very much appreciated!
Blogger Template Made By pipdig