Saturday

The Hamptons Top Three

Sunset in Southampton


Ever since I first visited the US, I have considered myself a California girl. Sure, NYC has its perks, Chicago’s a hoot, but if someone gave me the choice I’d always settle on the Napa Valley. Until I visited The Hamptons, that is.

The Hamptons is one of those destinations met with a bit of an “ooh-er” whenever mentioned, and to be totally honest, I had no idea what to expect when I headed there earlier this year. I’d heard it mentioned in copious US series’, but I’d never considered it a particularly desirable holiday destination, but – trust me – this one’s worth a trip.

Even if you’re just headed to NYC for a break, if you can, I urge you to book a stay in the Hamptons for a few days at the end of your trip. There’s so much to love – here are just a few of my favourite places from my recent trip: five very convincing reasons to visit The Hamptons.

Topping Rose House

Sitting pretty in Bridgehampton, Topping Rose House is one of the most beautiful hotels I’ve ever had the pleasure of staying in. It’s one of those picket-fence, All-American dream houses, but it’s more than just a pretty face.

What’s so special about Topping Rose is the relaxed atmosphere: it’s elegant, luxurious and utterly gorgeous, but it doesn’t feel even remotely stuffy. The same can be said for the restaurant, which boasts a delicious, seasonal menu devised by Jean-Georges (the rather splendid chef behind ABC Kitchen in NYC and The Pump Room in Chicago). The food is unfussy but beautifully executed, and there are plenty of healthy options for those of us who may, just may, have overindulged on rose wine and guacamole (a 5pm holiday essential for the Wallace family.)

Plus, all guests can make use of the hotel's bikes  – a cycle to Sag Harbor is one of the highlights of my trip. 

1 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike, Bridgehampton, NY 11932. Find out more and book here.
Tutto il Giorno

There are lots of lovely places to dine in The Hamptons, but one of my highlights has to be Tutto il Giorno in Southampton. Southampton has a few lovely places to eat (we loved a brunch at 75 Main – a firm favourite of the Kardashians, which means nothing to me but apparently quite a lot to most people) but Tutto il Giorno takes the biscuit.

With a sister restaurant in Tribeca, Tutto il Giorno is an authentic Italian restaurant serving refined traditional dishes in elegant surroundings. The pasta dishes are full of fresh, vibrant flavours, best enjoyed with an Aperol Spritz in the pretty-as-a-picture garden. We visited at lunch, but I imagine it’s even more special for a dinner date.

56 Nugent Street, Southampton, NY 11968. Find out more and book here.
The Wine Stand


We happened on this place by accident but what a lucky accident that was. We had planned to visit the Wölffer vineyard, which was closed for a private function, and were directed to the winery’s outpost on Montauk Highway.

Open daily during the summer months, the Wölffer Estate Wine Stand is a cute little bar with lots of green space, overlooking the Wölffer vineyard. Serving Wölffer wines and ciders alongside tasty small plates, it’s such a charming, laid-back place with life music and a buzzing atmosphere.

3312 Montauk Highway, Sagaponack, NY 11962. Find out more about Wölffer and the Wine Stand here.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig