Wednesday

Denim Days

My jeans and I have been together for a long time- coming up for three years- and they've never let me down. I am hopelessly devoted to denim, and this season I am in rather stylish company.

The spring/summer 2015 collections are teeming with top end takes on the work-a-day fabric. Victoria Beckham fashioned hers into fit-and-flare indigo mini dresses; Burberry Prorsum whipped up neat little jackets with a flurry of shearling, and Chloe took it top-to-toe with vintage wash sweaters with button-down maxi skirts. The indigo mood is catching for SS15, and - at last! - it's a trend us mere mortals can actually wear.
A fine example is Alexa Chung's debut line for AG Jeans. The collection was full of unexpected sell-out pieces- who knew cropped dungarees would prove so popular? The most sought-after item in the collection, however, is the button-down mini, a 70s-tinged sweetie which has already been "replicated" on the high street. The success of the skirt lies in its versatility: you can just throw it on with a T-shirt and pointy flats and suddenly you're the coolest cat in town. That's the beauty of denim - it's wearable, it's easy and now it's ultra chic, too.

1. Sophie Hulme bag, Harvey Nichols here
2. M&S Limited Collection white shirt here
3. M&S cropped jeans here
4. Zara sandals here
5. ASOS earrings here


I was delighted when M&S got in touch regarding their new Denim Revival focus, a strong selection of denim pieces with a high fashion spin, fresh from the pages of British Vogue (now if that ain't the ultimate a seal of approval, then I just don't know what is!). Good old M&S has got the lot- streamlined bell bottoms, wide-leg crops, hip dungarees- and it's all in store and online now.

I personally picked out the cropped jeans, a form-fitting pencil skirt and a gorgeous little printed red jacket, but on reflection I wish I had plumped for the slouchy dungarees. With a little something for every occasion, I thought I'd put together a couple of all-day denim looks to show you just how easy-breezy this trend is. Miss Chung, we know your secret.

Shop M&S' Indigo collection here.

This post was written in collaboration with M&S Online
1. Zara cropped lace top here
2. Sophie Hulme bag at Harvey Nichols here
3. River Island white leather shoes here
4. M&S dungarees here


Blogger Template Made By pipdig