Wednesday

Pre Paris Wishlist

Hefner slippers, £165.00 here


In a matter of days, I am heading to Paris for a lovely Easter mini break. This week, I have spent every lunch hour poring over guidebooks, blogs and Instagram (always a good shout for cool spots off the beaten track), trying to work out exactly where to check in. Three meals a day is just not enough- is it greedy to attempt two lunches? I've managed to find some great little places - with a big thank you to Serena Guen and Erica Berman of Hip Paris - and look forward to sharing these with you after my trip.

In the run-up, though, I thought I would post my Pre Paris Wishlist. Though I have made a conscious decision to save for the city of love, lust and extortionately expensive coffee, there are a million and one new season pieces I would love to pack in my suitcase- those Parisiennes are a hard act to follow.

I have been reading the brilliant How To Be Parisian Wherever You Are (in the doctor's waiting room, no less, I don't think that's the best place to start) and taking notes on how to capture that inimitable nonchalance that makes Parisiennes the sexiest women on the planet. The main point? Of course, they care about how they look, but no one should ever know that they care. For le Parisienne, chic just happens.

So, with this in mind, here is my first Pre Paris pick- French Sole's Three-in-One Hefner pumps.

When asking friends about Paris, almost everyone has advised me to shun the metro and explore the city by foot. Word has it, it's  the only way to uncover hidden gems and to fully appreciate the beauty of the city, after all - they say Paris and New York are the only places in the world that look just as they do in the movies. It'd be a great pity to miss out on any sights - so I have decided to pack only three pairs of shoes - low key heels, Nikes (a true British tourist) and elegant flats to patrol Paris in style. As much as I would love to saunter along the Rive Gauche in Louboutin Pigalles- it ain't gonna happen. Pigalles call for Uber Execs only.

Instead, these lovely French Sole Hefner pumps should do the trick. A chic update on the time-honoured smoking slippers, they are ideal for daytime. The neutral colourway has to be my choice, as often flats can make legs appear shorter - we aren't all blessed with Alexa-esque limbs, after all. Opting for nude pumps will lengthen the legs without complicating your outfit, while the mix and match tassels mean you can add a little touch of colour if liked. Or you can just opt for black and nude because, darling, you're in Paris.

Partner them with a simple cashmere sweater, an A-line mini skirt and classic trench coat for a breezy look. Be sure to keep make up low key- dewy base, flushed cheeks and just a little mascara and liner. Hair should never be bouncy and glossy - it should be bundled into a messy, but sexy, chignon. And just make sure your underpinnings are up to scratch - L'Agent by AP is my choice (this Vanesa set is my latest love). Last but not least, complete the look with a box of macaroons and a Café Kitsuné coffee by day, a glass of Champagne by night.

C'est Magnifique!

PS

Though my Paris Google Maps is spangled with numerous stars, I'd still love to hear your suggestions. Please do tweet me or email me!
Blogger Template Made By pipdig