Friday

Jade Green With Envy?

Yesterday saw the launch of the much anticipated debut shoe collection by Topshop heiress Chloe Green- CJG. Despite being subject to a great deal of bitchy criticism, MIC starlet Chloe has been working on her first shoe collection for a good while now, and I have to say that I am surprised with the high quality of the resulting collection.

Firstly you may have noticed that Chloe Jade Green has trademarked her shoes with a Louboutin-esque jade green sole. Some are mocking this decision, but I think it actually looks really cute! In saying that, i'm a little bit in love with Tiffany blue so am immediately drawn to anything in a remotely similar colour. 

The SS12 collection really is not bad. I love the emerald glitter peep-toes for their all-out glitzy gorgeousness, but I really adore the Misha tan woven wedges which are perfect leg lengtheners (they have sold out unfortunately!) 

Chloe drew inspiration from pretty illustrations of hearts, skulls and florals as well as experimenting with fabrics and trims to create a feminine but sexy collection of shoes. 

Not everyone will be convinced though, the shoes do not come cheap and there appears to be a slight incongruity within the collection- but largely I am very impressed with Ms Green's first foray into design.

I may be contradicting my usual thoughts on celebrity designers (read the ruthless stuff here), but I am almost tempted to buy a pair... (get them HERE and at Topshop!)


What do you think of Chloe's first shoe collection?



Blogger Template Made By pipdig