Sunday

Sundaes on a Sunday


This weather, to be frank, is a joke. It's sunny one minute, torrential rain the next. You can't even use a brolly because of the aggressive wind, and any remotely summery clothes are inadequate when faced with a blast of chilly wind. Next week is May. What even is this?!

I long for REAL summer to come. I want to sit outside a pub in Angel in my lace dress, sipping on Elderflower Kopperberg in the uplifting sunshine. I want a BBQ in the park with Rick Stein's tandoori prawns sizzling (see Waitrose magazine). I want to bask in the beaming sunshine until the only feasible way to cool down is to eat ludicrous amounts of Samba Swirl frozen yoghurt, piled high with sweet shop toppings. 

And, above all, I want to wear cute and girly clothes.

The Mulberry campaign for SS12 (see my post on said campaign HERE) was all about the charm of the great british summer. Seaside stripes, sticks of rock and the famous Brighton seaside brought the campaign shots to life, and lots of ice cream made it all the more charming. I have fallen in love with a gorgeous Mulberry vest (see the vest HERE) with an ice cream motif, and have noticed lots of kitsch ice cream pieces on the high street as well.

I just could not resist doing a post about my favourite sweet treat in the world: ice cream. Be it Ben and Jerrys or a Mr Whippy, ice cream is the best thing about summer. So enjoy this cheery post to get you through these drizzly, stay indoors and watch telly kind of days.




Blogger Template Made By pipdig